Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Black Fraternal Societies

BEFORE:
What I knew before I read:
Before I read this article, I had no idea what the Black Fraternal Society was. I knew that a "frat" was any group or class of persons having common purposes, interests, etc (dictionary.com).

What I want to learn after I read the article:
I want to learn what the Black Fraternal Societies were, how they came about, and what their main purposes were. I also want to know if there were any people that I amy have heard of before that are related to the Black Fraternal Society.

AFTER:
What I found out after reading the article:
I found out some many interseting facts after reading the article. I learned that the Black Franternal Society is located in Little Rock, Arkansas and is a museum dedicated to black Arkansan history. It was founded in the 1880's and ended around the time of the Great Depression. Some names of the founders were John E. Bush and Chester W. Keatts.

What I still want to know:
I want to know why the first building in Little Rock burned down in 2005. Also I want to learn how the Barbados chapter of the society survived.

No comments: